Sunday 21 November 2010

A Letter... From Flores, East Nusa Tenggara

"Hello kid, Satriyo.."

At least, those words just wrote in the opening. A retired teacher in Flores, East Nusa Tenggara just sent me a letter which made me floored with his letter. He sent the letter through my college's address cause he didn't know where do I live, seriously, is he be on the point of it? I wonder how far his place to my hometown, how did he know me, and how come he reached me? I'm flattered when he just read my article on a magazine and really appreciate with what I'm doing. Thought in mind, I just a boy who haven't done anything, and there's a letter who dedicated to me from a father who lived in end state.



Nita, 1st June 2010 he wrote the letter.
I received the letter on middle of August, when there's a staff of my college who gave me. Actually this is really wonderful for me, my works has been valued by people in far there. I was very impressed with him, he wrote in an ordinary paper, with original hand-writing, it's very genuine. He told about his family in Flores, he had 3 sons and 1 daughter, live in a simple life, and very passionate with juvenile. I'm very pleased, he considers me as one who can motivate others. What a compliment, whether I haven't met him yet, I just really excited to meet him, unfortunately, where we lived very far apart.



A long writing about his life and his passionate of being a good teacher, to make Indonesian children to be smart and successful in the future. Really sad, he misses his lovely student, and very longed to teach again. So, he regards me as his student, what a good appreciation ;)

His name is Mr. Marsel Werong. Thanks a bunch for a great hospitality, a beautiful story, and high-motivated you gave to me.


You are really an
unsung heroes, indeed. :)
Until meet you again, on the next letter!

No comments:

Post a Comment